1. How and when do I get my results?
An email will be sent to your email account that you set up during registration notifying you that you can log into your account to view your results letter and images. The results are delivered within 7-10 business days of your screening.
2. Can I sign up for any screening or does it have to be my child’s school?
Screenings take place during the school day making it more convenient for parents. If you do not see your school listed or screening date has passed you can register at an alternative location. **Please contact us if you schedule outside the school your child attends so we may notify the school of your participation – Phone: 866-382-2319 or email your child’s name and reservation code to: firstname.lastname@example.org -On the day of your screening please sign in at the main office as a visitor.
3. What do I do if there is an abnormality?
The results letter sent along with your images will provide you that information. If you or your child has an abnormality consult your primary care doctor and a pediatric cardiologist. If you should have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
4. How much does the screening cost?
The MCORE Foundation provides a low or no cost high quality preventative cardiac screening with a value of $400 per screening at the donation cost of $79. The screening consists of the EKG and limited Echo with image storage.
5. Is the screening covered by insurance?
No, the cost of preventative cardiac screenings is not currently covered under insurance. You may use a flex spending, HSA or wellness account to pay for your screening. If you require a detailed receipt please email your confirmation number requesting a receipt to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. I do not see my child’s school listed as participating in the screening program, how do we bring a heart screening to our community/school?
Contact your school administration and athletic department and let them know about our foundation and that our education and preventative screening programs are available regardless of ability to pay. We can work with your community to provide our services.
7. I do not remember my user name and password.
Go here: Forgot Password
8. Are these tests provided at my doctor’s office or sports physical?
EKG and Echo screenings are not typically provided with routine doctor’s visits or sports physicals; however, we do partner with several groups to provide our services.
9. How do I get a receipt?
Contact the MCORE Foundation and we are happy to provide a receipt for screening services. Our email is email@example.com or call 866-382-2319. Please provide your confirmation number.
10. Does my child need re-screened if their results were normal on the first screening? or what are the recommendations for frequency of screenings?
The American Heart Association recommends screenings every two years from ages 12-22.
Still have a questions?